Thursday, February 7, 2013

Instagram DIY Day


I have had a monstrously unproductive week, and I can barely believe it's Friday already! A week has passed since I last had to work and I have nothing to show for it. I'm suffering from a major case of lazy-guilt. I get a case of the guilts at least once every couple of days and over time I've found that the best way to overcome it is to make something.
 It doesn't matter what you make as long as at the end of your creative burst you have something to show for the time you spent. 

Time spent creating is never time wasted.

So today after waking up (at about 10am... :S ) I got to DIYing before I even changed out of my pyjamas.







 I bought these boots a few weeks ago, they were $2. They were decent boots for that price but a bit boring, so I decided to spice them up with some gold spray paint.

As you can imagine this was pretty easy, they took me about 30mins to finish. I used masking tape and newspaper to cover the main part of the boot-which I didn't want painted. Then I took it outside and went nuts with the gold acrylic spraypaint.



I really like the result, can't wait for the weather to cool down so that I can wear them!

Oh, and I Instagrammed the before and after shots. I use my Instagram account to share photos of my outfits, DIYs, friends and my cat. You can follow me using the link below :)

Instagram
 



1 comment: